Turkey is a rapidly developing and urbanizing the last 20 years. With the start of full membership negotiations with the European Union (EU), a new era has begun in this pace and need. For these reasons, the need for infrastructure investments in Turkey has increased and is increasing at a very large extent. So far, almost entirely held by the public is now public for these investments, both existing internal and external finance burden and both have also been developed different business models due to the constraints of the finance capacity .. As the whole world of increasing infrastructure investment needs of the country Turkey as well as partly with the participation of the private sector. One of them is the PPP model called Public Private Partnership.
This model made a lot of infrastructure in Turkey (Highway, Bridges, Tunnels) and Plant (Airport, City Hospitals, Power Plants, Environment Facility) investments were made. Many other projects that can still be realized will be realized with this model.
City Hospitals or integrated health campuses, public-private partnership, internationally known as the Public Private Partnership (PPP), is based on a financing model. Although the essence remains unchanged, different international institutions have introduced different definitions of the public-private partnership model. In the last twenty years, the number of countries implementing this model is around 10, but today it has exceeded 100.
In PPP, Green Paper on Public-Private Partnerships and Community Law on Public Contracts and Concessions, which form the European Union Policy; The four main characteristics are: long-term cooperation between the public and the private sector, the project financing being on the private sector partner, the public undertaking supervision and the sharing of public risks with the private sector.
PPP model can be applied with different models in the world;
- Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT),
- Design (Build) DB,
- BTO (Build-Transfer-Operate) Build-Transfer-Operate,
- BOOT (Build-Own-Operate-Transfer) Build-Own-Operate-Transfer,
- BOO (Build-Own-Operate) Build-Own-Operate,
- DBFO (Design-Build-Finance-Operate) Design-Build-Finance-Operate,
- BLTM (Build-Lease-Transfer-Maintain) Build-Rent-Transfer-Maintain,
- LROT (Lease-Renovate-Operate-Transfer) can be listed as Rent-Refresh-Operate-Transfer.
Legal Structures in PPP:
PPP is modeled under 3 different headings according to its legal structure;
- Concession agreements; In the model of transferring public infrastructure or service management to the private sector, the service fee to be paid is collected by the investor, and all goods related to the service related to the termination of the concession are transferred directly to the public.
- Build-Operate-Transfer Model; It is a financing model in which the investment costs are paid to the investor in exchange for the sale of the products and services provided by the investor and is applied to projects requiring special information and high cost.
- Build – Operate Model; It is designed for the construction and operation of generation facilities owned by investors and is mainly used in the energy field.
Investment Projects Research & Business Development Services
- Business and Project Development for Investors
- Establishing a project partnership between local and foreign organizations.
- Establishment of “strategic and financial” partnerships for various projects in international markets.
- Project monitoring and development for local organizations in international markets.
- Projects and investments privatized by public administrations, offered for sale or tendered,
- Reconstriting of idle public or private facilities
- Business Diplomacy Services
- Business Intelligence Services
- Business Contact Services
- Start-Up Ventures Support Services
- Capacity Building
- Strategic Planning
- Technical Assistance for EuroAid and Inretanational Financed Projects